Monday, May 3, 2010

Stroke The Silent Killer


(Source


Imagine this: You are in the car with your friend (and she is driving the car). Both of you are heading to your workplace after taking a lunch break nearby. Suddenly, your friend is having a stroke. Her right body paralyze and cannot move and scarily she is driving the car. She hits the divider...twice! Luckily, she is driving slowly and there are no cars around. How do you act at that time?

A. Panic?
B. Stop the car by pulling the handbrake?
C. Scream?

To tell you the truth, that was happening to me last Monday. My friend was having a stroke when we were heading to our school after taken our lunch at Carrefour Bandar Tun Hussein Onn. I was still trembling after the accident. Eventhough, it was a small accident and no one hurt but it was still scary though. Luckily, she manage to park her car beside the road.

I didn't know that she was having a stroke at that time. She can still talk, she can still move her left hand and she can even tell me that she was okay. It just that her right body was paralyzed. Even her mouth crooked strangely. Still trembling of fear, almost cried, I bravely drove the car to the nearest clinic. The doctor referred us to the Hospital Putrajaya. 

I went back to school since I didn't brought my phone (Stupid!). Then, I bumped to my colleague. So, hurriedly both of us sent our friend to the Emergency Room, Hospital Putrajaya. In the car, I was calling her family members.

Luckily, it was not a stroke. (Eventhough, my friends and I still consider is as Mini Stroke). It was because of blood clot clogs an artery temporarily. So, for one week, she get MC. So, last week, she already back for teaching. And I was staying with her just to make sure that she was okay to drive and everything. Alhamdulillah, she's okay. (Last post: Take Care Of Your Health)

So, after facing this little incident, it make me thinking. Am I taking seriously about my health level? Things to ponder...

4 comments:

Ken Wooi said...

must be a scary experience.. if i was there, i'll try to regain the car's steering wheel.. =)

Rabia Sensei said...

yeah, I was suppose to do that but I was panic at that time. Trying to remember back, I cant remember what I did back there.

papabear said...

what a scary experience... hope that your friend is okay by now...

Rabia Sensei said...

Alhamdulillah, she's okay now.