Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Touched By His Words


Credit : Soccer and South Africa

All copyrights reserved to original creator. No copyright infringement intended

South Africa: Soccer Provides Hope and Skills for Better Life

I was touched by his words.

"I want her to grow old, not to die, and see where I will end up with my life and see what I am going to do with my life because I want her to live and see that I want to play soccer and satisfy her and thank her for everything she has done for me."

p/s : Budak kecil dari keluarga yang miskin ini pun dah boleh berfikir tentang pengorbanan seorang ibu serta harapan untuk membalas jasa ibunya. Apatah kalau nak di bandingkan dengan kita. Sudah cukup matang. Cukup mewah dengan segalanya. Masih ada lagi ibu dan bapa. Jangan ditunggu di hujung nyawa mereka baru nak tersedar sudah terlambat semua. Sedar - sedarlah.

Description :
Although for many in the township, life circumstances seem bleak, soccer continues to teach valuable life skills and infuse a sense of hope within those most closely related to the game. This is not only a story about soccer and what it means to the youth of Parys, South Africa, but also of human endurance and the bond between mother and son.

Mark Jeevaratnam was one of five grand prize winners in the Pulitzer Center/YouTube 2010 Project: Report contest. Learn more about the contest at Pulitzer Center
See all Project: Report Videos from the contest on the Pulitzer Center/YouTube 2010 Project
 

See Mark's related project page on the Pulitzer Center site

1 comment:

Faaein Himura said...

satu kisah hidup yang bagus untuk dijadikan tauladan buat kita semua..

lukisan dia membawa makna yang mendalam..