Monday, December 13, 2010

Writing Therapy : Therapy Through Writing

 Picture Credit : Writing As Theraphy


Writing Therapy? 

  • According to Wikipedia, "Writing therapy posits that writing one's feelings gradually eases pain and strengthens the immune system."
  • Taken from Healingwithsoul.com, "Writing Therapy helps to relieve: abuse, cancer, asthma, depression, arthritis, disorders, trauma and depression."
  • As written by James W. Pennebaker in the Preface to his landbreaking book, Opening Up, The Healing Power of Expressing Emotions (1990, Guilford Press):
    "...writing or talking about your experiences may improve both your physical and mental health. I am not selling a miracle cure. Rather, recent studies from around the world are uncovering some exciting findings that may help you in your coping."

Actually, I absolutely didn't know that there is a research about this particular thing. Now I know that I am in the right track. Writing really help me to cope with my problems. I can express anything that I feel without being judged by anyone. 

Honestly, I started writing in a blog after I have gone through a painful break up. The reason I started to write is to express everything about my feeling. By writing it down, it helps me to deal with my situation. And it really works!

And as for that, why don't you start writing?
Write it down in a piece of paper if it is too difficult to say to other people about how you feel. It can help you to relieve the pain.

And plus, who knows, it can be a masterpiece of all times.

No comments: